AHL CALDER CUP COVERAGE
This week on the Power Play Post Show, it’s all about the American Hockey League‘s Calder Cup playoffs! Hosts Bob Howard and Megan Reiff bring you a jammed packed show talking about the start of the post season in the AHL.
The two hosts discuss first the end of the awards portion of the year with the top goalies announced and the top scorers in the league. Hosts Bob and Megan then talk about the AHL’s President and CEO, Dave Andrews comments to Texas reporters about 5 game playoff series being in the future of the American Hockey League‘s Calder Cup playoffs.
The two hosts end their segment with a look at the schedule for the playoffs along with their picks on the 1st round of the Calder Cup playoffs. Those picks will then be posted here at PPPShow.net, the home of the Power Play Post Show.
Helping the PPPShow with it’s AHL Calder Cup coverage are these special guest:
- Pete Dougherty – Beat-writer – Albany Devils – Times Union – On Twitter: @Pete_Dougherty – Pete joined the show this week to talk about the Albany Devils first round match-up with the St. John’s IceCaps, about the Devils need to get their first line led by Joe Whitney scoring and about the Devils chances with their strong defensive play.
- Stephen Meserve – Writer – Texas Stars – 100 Degree Hockey – On Twitter: @100degreehockey – Stephen joined the show to talk about the Texas Stars game 1 victory over the Oklahoma City Barons in OKC on Wednesday night, about how the rest of this series should go and his conversation with the AHL’s President and CEO, Dave Andrews.
- Aaron Sims – Radio Broadcaster – Milwaukee Admirals – On Twitter: @aaronadmirals – Aaron spoke with Host Bob about the Milwaukee Admirals 1st round match-up vs the Toronto Marlies, his love of going to Toronto to call games at Ricoh Coliseum, how the two teams match-up very closely and Aaron provides his thoughts on Western Expansion in the AHL.
- Brandon Astle – Radio Broadcaster – Abbotsford Heat – On Twitter: @brandon_astle – The Voice of the Abbotsford Heat joined the show this week to talk about the Heat’s 1st round series match-up vs the defending Calder Cup champions the Grand Rapids Griffins, how the team has gotten players back and could be a strong competitor to the Griffins.
- Ken Cail – Radio Broadcaster – Manchester Monarchs – One of the PPPShow’s regular guests and close friend to Host Bob, Ken Cail joined the show this week to talk about the Manchester Monarchs match-up vs the Norfolk Admirals, the crazy scheduling quirk in this series and about which Monarch will step up in the series with all the player movement that has happened this season.
All this and much more on the latest edition of the Power Play Post Show.
Remember, you can e-mail the show at email@example.com.
Listen to the show: