This week on the Power Play Post Show, hosts Bob Howard and Megan Reiff ring in the New Year with a huge show all about the American Hockey League. A long with the news & notes from around the AHL, the two hosts provide their thoughts on the NHL’s Winter Classic, throw out a couple of New Years Resolutions and talk about the Grand Rapids Griffins, Luke Glendenning & his outdoor week.
This week’s huge guest list includes:
- Todd Crocker – Toronto Marlies – Radio play-by-play Broadcaster – On Twitter: @HockeyCrock – Todd made his first appearance on the show to talk about the Toronto Marlies outdoor experience on Monday vs the Grand Rapids Griffins, about the team’s leader in points, defenseman TJ Brennan and look into the success of the Marlies over the past couple of seasons.
- Doug Plagens – Lake Erie Monsters – Radio play-by-play Broadcaster – On Twitter: @DougPlagens – Doug also made his first appearance on the show to talk about the Lake Erie Monsters success on the ice and at the gate, along with a look into the North Division and his experience at the Frozen Frontier game held in Rochester, NY.
- Pete Dougherty – Time Union – Beat-writer – Albany Devils – On Twitter: @Pete_Dougherty – It’s been a while, but Pete came back on the show to talk about the Albany Devils, how the team’s success this season has gone very much under the radar, the play Joe Whitney and the leadership of Rod Pelley.
- Ted Warren – The Hockey Writers – Norfolk Admirals – On Twitter: @bauerhockeydude – Our 3rd first on the PPPShow comes from Norfolk, as Ted joined the show to talk about the Norfolk Admirals, the play of John Gibson and about the leadership starting with Head Coach Trent Yawney.
- Jason Iacona – Chirps from Center Ice – WBS Penguins – On Twitter: @nafsnep – The best AHL blogger came on the show this week to talk with Host Bob about the Penguins depth, the need of the depth this season with all the injuries up top in Pittsburgh, thoughts on the East Division race with the Norfolk Admirals & the Binghamton Senators and the resiliency of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
All this and much more on the latest edition of the Power Play Post Show.
Remember, you can e-mail the show at email@example.com.
Listen to the show: