With every team in the American Hockey League having played at least 20 games into the 76 game season; it’s fair to look at the projections of points for the top 20 players through Monday, December 9th, 2013.
A couple of notes of importance:
- Last season was a lock-out season in the National Hockey League which spread out scoring through out some players who would not have played in the AHL.
- The Rockford IceHogs Brandon Pirri led the league in 2012-13 with 75 pts (22+53) through 76 games.
- The last season any player hit 100+ points was in the 2009-10 season as the Hershey Bears Keith Aucoin scored 106 pts (35+71) in 72 games & his teammate Alexandre Giroux scored 103 pts (50+53) in 69 games played.
- Through 10 games played, 7 players were projected to hit over 100 pts; Travis Morin (Stars), Nikita Kucherov (Crunch), Vladislav Namestnikov (Crunch), T.J. Brennan (Marlies), Gustav Nyquist (Griffins), Spencer Abbott(Marlies) & Ryan Strome (Soundtigers).
- Through 20 games played, 3 players are projected to hit over 100 pts; Ryan Strome (Soundtigers), Travis Morin (Stars) & Nikita Kucherov (Crunch).
|1||Ryan Strome||Bridgeport Sound Tigers||23||0||9||24||33||109|
|2||Colton Sceviour||Texas Stars||26||0||18||12||30||88|
|3||Travis Morin||Texas Stars||20||-6||11||18||29||102|
|4||Linus Omark||Oklahoma City Barons||26||0||14||14||28||82|
|5||Mike Hoffman||Binghamton Senators||21||-2||11||15||26||92|
|6||Tomas Jurco||Grand Rapids Griffins||23||0||11||14||25||83|
|7||Brian Gibbons||WBS Penguins||20||-3||8||17||25||91|
|8||Ben Street||Abbotsford Heat||20||-7||14||10||24||83|
|9||Nikita Kucherov||Syracuse Crunch||17||-5||13||11||24||100|
|10||Eric O’Dell||St. John’s IceCaps||24||-1||11||13||24||75|
|11||Phil Varone||Rochester Americans||24||0||5||19||24||76|
|12||T.J. Brennan||Toronto Marlies||22||0||11||12||23||79|
|13||Joe Whitney||Albany Devils||23||0||8||15||23||76|
|14||Martin St. Pierre||Hamilton Bulldogs||22||-4||6||17||23||75|
|15||Chad Billins||Abbotsford Heat||23||-4||6||17||23||72|
|16||Ryan Spooner||Providence Bruins||21||-3||5||18||23||80|
|17||Chris Mueller||Texas Stars||24||-2||10||12||22||68|
|18||Spencer Abbott||Toronto Marlies||21||-1||3||19||22||79|
|19||Matt Fraser||Providence Bruins||23||-1||16||5||21||68|
|20||Bryan Lerg||Lake Erie Monsters||23||0||11||10||21||69|
Through Monday, December 9, 2013 & at least 20 games played by each team in the American Hockey League.
- GM = Games Missed (injury or re-call)
- Projection = Pts / GP * (76-GM)
- Players in Italics = Player on re-call to the NHL affiliate