There has been so much confusion this season with the announcement earlier in 2013 that the American Hockey League & National Hockey League was doing away with AHL Clear Day Rosters after the new CBA was formed.
With that being said here is what we have learned after the last 24 hours about how the AHL playoff rosters will be determined.
- Any player on an AHL roster at the Trade Deadline Day at 3 PM yesterday will be eligible for the playoff roster for the respective teams.
- AHL teams can make AHL-based trades, loans or sign ATO’s up to April 10th & those players will be eligible for that team’s playoff roster.
- Lastly, there is still a limit on recall moves to 4 but the new CBA has added now 3 recall moves for the playoffs.
- Playoff rosters will now be announced on Monday, April 22nd, the day after the final game of the season. In the past, the “Clear Day” roster was released within a couple days of the Trade Deadline day being over.
- Below is the list of players that were “paper transaction-ed, MAKING the player still eligible for the AHL playoffs, as per the AHL Transaction page on the AHL’s website: theahl.com (Though at the point of this article, I have not gotten official word on Penguins D-Man Simon Despres. He’s not on the AHL transaction page, however Jonathan Bombulie states here that he was paper transaction-ed)
Abbottsford – None
Adirondack – G Cal Heeter, D Erik Gustafsson, D Oliver Lauidsen, LW Tye McGinn
Albany – None
Binghamton – LW Mike Hoffman, D Eric Gryba
Bridgeport – None
Charlotte – C Riley Nash
Chicago – RW Nicklas Jensen
Connecticut – D John Moore, C J.T. Miller
Grand Rapids – None
Hamilton – None
Hershey – D Steve Olesky
Houston – None
Lake Erie – None
Manchester – None
Milwaukee – D Victor Bartley, RW Taylor Beck
Norfolk – None
Oklahoma – C Anton Lander
Peoria – G Jake Allen, C Adam Cracknell
Portland – None
Providence – D Matt Bartkowski, RW Jordan Caron
Rochester – D Mark Pysyk, C Luke Adam, RW Brian Flynn
Rockford – None
San Antonio – None
Springfield – D Dalton Prout, RW Cam Atkinson, C Ryan Johansen
St. John’s – None
Syracuse – C Tyler Johnson, RW Richard Panik, D Radko Gudas
Texas – LW Matt Fraser, RW Alex Chiasson
Toronto – LW Ryan Hamilton
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton – None
Worcester – D Matt Tennyson